According to a new survey, 60% of bosses said they usually do not believe their employees when they call in sick.
The main reason for not believing an employee is that they do not sound sick enough. The number-two reason is nice weather outside, and number three is that the employee seemed totally find the day before.
One in three bosses said they now check social media to see if the employee posts something that proves they were lying about being sick.
The average person said they have faked four sick days.
Here are the ten worst excuses for taking a sick day that bosses said they have heard from employees:
- "I dyed my hair the wrong color."
- "My dog is scared, and I don't want to leave him."
- "I drank too much and fell asleep on someone's floor, but I don't know where I am."
- "I'm taking a bath, and my toe is caught in the faucet."
- "My pants split on the way to work."
- "The dog ate my shoes."
- "I hurt myself during sex."
- "I'm stuck in the house because the door is broken."
- "My girlfriend bit me in a 'sensitive' place."
- "My mom just died." (from an employee who had used that excuse before)