Entrepreneur magazine released a list of seven things you should never say to your boss, the person who controls so much of your life.
- "How do I do that?" If you do not know how to do something, just say you are on it, and you can figure out how to do it later.
- "I don't have time." No one has time, so make time, and bump your lowest-priority item a little lower.
- "No." This one is self-explanatory.
- "I'm going to HR." If you have a problem with your boss, find someone who is equal to them or higher up. Forget about HR.
- "It wasn't me; it was _____." Pointing fingers is weak.
- "_____ is an idiot."
- "Take this job and shove it." Quit professionally, and do not burn bridges.